How We Can Help
Healthy Minds/Healthy Campuses
A community of practice to promote campus mental health
Healthy Minds/Healthy Campuses aims to improve overall mental health, reduce suicidal behaviour and reduce student substance use harms among students on BC campuses. The project uses a Community of Practice approach to share and generate knowledge and promising practices. The community engages a broad cross-section of stakeholders at BC post-secondary institutions—from students to service providers to faculty and administrators—with a common goal of improving system responses. Healthy Minds/Healthy Campuses has established partnerships with 23 post secondary institutions in BC and over 27 other agencies or groups associated with this work.
The overall goal of the Healthy Minds/Healthy Campuses project is to support students' mental health and reduce risky substance use. It does this through:
- Staging a provincial conference to showcase leading edge practices for supporting student mental health and promoting healthy substance use.
- Engaging campus administration in addressing mental health and substance use problems on campus at a systems level
- Exploring opportunities for maximizing student voice and involvement in campus mental health promotion activities.
- Maintaining an online space for campus community members to share initiatives and strategies used in the campus context
- Supporting a Community of Practice approach to the support of mental health and promotion of healthier substance use on campus
For more information about the Healthy Minds/Healthy Campuses project, visit the project website at www.healthycampuses.ca
The lead partners for Healthy Minds/Healthy Campuses are CMHA BC and the Centre for Addictions Research of BC. Healthy Minds/Healthy Campuses is managed and coordinated on behalf of the BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information by CMHA BC.