Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
CMHA BC is a volunteer-driven organization that depends on volunteers like you to help us to develop our vision and provide services.
Studies show that regular volunteer activity can have a positive effect on mental and physical health. Volunteering with CMHA provides the opportunity to build skills, learn more about mental health and meet new people, while helping build a more caring community. Because of the benefits of volunteering, we especially encourage those personally affected by mental illness to volunteer.
We can use help in many different areas of interest and skill:
- participation on our board and advisory committees
- community displays and presentations
- mental health information referral
- writing for Visions journal
- community event planning
- resource development/fundraising